JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
|In the framework established by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Law providing for the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and for the Free Movement of such Data, Law 125(I)/2018, Senaga Trading Limited (‘we’, the ‘Company’, ‘Senaga’) is the controller. This means that we are responsible for determining how we process and use your personal data.|
We invite you to read this Notice, through which we intend to inform you as a job applicant, about how Senaga will process your data in the evaluation of your application.
DATA WE PROCESS, PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
We collect this data from you directly from your Curriculum Vitae (CV), interviews or more rarely from an intermediary company offering human resources services to which you have disclosed your data. The following categories of personal data are processed by our Company solely for the purpose of evaluating your application for a position in our company, to the extent that it is legally permissible and based on our legitimate interests.
– Contact details, such as address, telephone number, email.
-Employment and education data, such as education and employment history including any personal data contained within letters of recommendation, and any other information collected through CVs and interviews.
– Personal life data, such as ambitions, hobbies and interests.
– Special categories of data, such as health data necessary for the evaluation of your ability to work for a particular position.
– Criminal convictions / offences, where the obligations of the relevant job position entail a high risk for the company (for example, handling or managing the company’s assets) or where there is a legal or regulatory requirement to process such data.
In cases where we find that there is a legal obligation or business need to process your data for purposes other than those described above or described in this Notice, you will be duly informed. Moreover, note that in case we offer you a job that you accept, the Personal Data Protection Notice will apply for the Company employees.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If your application is rejected, we may retain your personal data for up to 12 months from the day we notify you of our decision, in order to review your application when evaluating future job opportunities. We may retain your data for longer if this is necessary for compliance purposes with a legislation, or for defence purposes during legal and/or judicial proceedings.
Please note that, if you have sent as your CV for any vacancies that might arise, we will ask for your specific consent in order to retain your CV until a vacancy relevant to your qualifications and CV becomes available.
Based on the legal basis of our legitimate interest at this stage of the recruitment process, you have the following rights as data subjects:
• The right to access your personal data.
• The right to information about the processing of your personal data.
• The right to rectification, supplementation of personal data, restriction of processing, or erasure of personal data.
• The right to object to the processing of personal data.
• The right to object to automated decision-making (The Company does not carry out any processing activities that include automated decision-making).
• The right to file a complaint with the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that these rights are not absolute and apply only in specific circumstances, as they are subject to exceptions.
All requests for the exercise of your rights, as described above, must be made in writing, either by sending an email to [email@example.com], either by post, either by submitting a written request to your manager.
The Company will respond to requests within 30 days, although we reserve the right to extend this period to do additional months when the requests are excessive and require a disproportionate effort.
TRANSMISSION, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We will not transmit any of your data abroad, nor will we disclose your data to another organization or third parties.
However, if this is absolutely necessary for the evaluation of your application, we will notify you and ensure that all the conditions under the GDPR and Cypriot data protection legislation are met.
The Company takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We strive to adopt and implement all necessary and reasonable technical and organisational measures required under the GDPR and the global best practice standards to secure confidentiality, integrity and availability with regard to the protection of your personal data. Furthermore, your personal data will only be accessible to a limited number of authorised personnel involved in the evaluation of your application.
If you have any questions or concerns with regards to this Notice, please feel free to contact us:
Τηλέφωνο: +357 22 029660